Thursday, September 06, 2007

Toast

I have earlier read in his testimonials that he is an epitome of patience. This was the time I could actually see what patience in him is. At the midnight of a long drive form LA to Sanjose, I am suddenly woken up by somebody who was fetching a spanner to replace a flat tyre. I stepped down the car or rather jumped from the seat half asleep. I see him in front of me and I am all of a sudden hugged by him saying that the car tyre was flat. There is an old telugu movie joke, he said "ippudu nuvvu emannav ..... naanna chitti", and hugged again. I am surprised this time.

Surprised because, earlier in the beach there was a car lock out. The first thing I heard from him was "These things happen, nothing to worry". The next thing he did was to tell everyone to rush to the beach. Most of them were enquiring, if not most, alteast I wanted to, what happened to the keys, how it got locked out, where the keys were right now etc. Its not that this was the first ocassion to see something in him, there was a NY trip earlier as well, but for some reason this trip was more exhausting to mention. And its not that this is the only quality in him to mention considering the blog would become too big to read :)

Once the trip was over, after pondering for a while, I confirmed I am not over reacting, because everyone else was impatient to some extent with some thing or the other, be it the directions to the motel where we were supposed to stay in LA or for that matter anything else. Its a different matter that our group enjoys whatever comes in the way. Be it enjoying the time in rest area during the flat tyre or anything else. We enjoy whatever happens, but I really felt the need to thank him for hosting by keeping his head cool.

What we see is sometimes the world to us. These incidents seem normal to some and great to some. Added to that, if you are caught between the thoughts 1. if people would genuinely accept your appreciation, or 2. if people think you are trying to impress them with fake appreciation 3. if people accept you as you are or prefer what they want you to be by being nice and showing fake hospitality, its difficult to appreciate small things when the recipient does not like it. But to look at it as something what I "feel" am incapable of, I would definitely raise a toast to the patient hosting.

13 comments:

Hemanth said...

He sure must be an epitome of patience, now that a blog goes in his favor

DWARAKA said...

well said buddy! Its was really a memorable trip and hats off to the host for the way he pleased everyone. He is the guy who never gets bogged down.......

Vadhoolasa said...

I really feel sad that i missed the last part of the trip...but bloody circumstances...neways u are right the trip was awesome and the host played an important role in this trip. This reminds me of the NY trip, where again the same person made the trip unforgetable.

KRISH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KRISH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KRISH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KRISH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KRISH said...

had so much of fun in this trip. I really have to appreciate his patience. I cannot forget the rides that he had given me back and forth from Phili Airport. Definitely this trip and the NY trip are the biggest fun markers in my life.

KRISH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashu said...

Thnx dudes...! Had fun with you guys and i look forward to next one..!!

Sudheer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sudheer said...

Well done Ajay! A blog like this has been long due for him!! Let me join you in offering the toast!
What an amazing trip it was!! The way he made sure everyone was taken care of, none felt out of place, the way he managed his time between us, his other two college pals, Nik and between the two cars we were traveling, caught my attention and is definitely worth the toast!! Forgot to mention his owner too!!!
Pleasing everyone is a Herculean task and the ease with which this guy carries it off speaks volumes about his character and patience. I would also like to add nik to this toast. She sure does deserve some of the credit for what he is. The sweetheart that she already is, I feel her understanding and support makes it easier for him to be his usual self. I feel if anyone can be close to being as patient, innocent and pure at heart as him, it should be her! Kudos to both of you for making the trip wonderful and memorable one!!!

I am not exaggerating anything. I said what I feel & like Ajay mentioned before, it depends on the people as how they receive and perceive it. So, I leave the rest to you!!

But, I am still not satisfied and wondering if we have given him enough, we should have kicked Ashu’s a little more ……well there is always a next time ;-), isn’t it?

Ashmita said...

Him... who? Sudheer? you didnt mention it anywhere!!!